Mmmmmm…banana pudding. A staple to any Southern Sunday Supper. The slightly softened ‘Nilla wafers and ripe banana slices get me every time. I decided to give this classic Southern dish a new twist by layering in some chocolate too. These super easy Chocolate Banana Pudding Parfaits will be your new favorite go to dessert for entertaining.
Pinterest is crawling with mason jar recipes and craft ideas. I love the fun look of layering the multiple ingredients in the jars. The jars look deliciously complicated, but after a few tricks for assembly, your guests won’t have to know how easy this dessert really is.
An easy way to layer the ingredients into the jar is using an icing piping bag. But, since I do not own such a thing, I usually grab a resealable bag, fill it with the pudding or whipped cream, and cut off one of the bottom corners. Easy peasy DIY piping bag. If you are just making these for the family, or close friends you are not trying to impress, then by all means, just use a spoon. It will save you prep time, and the flavor outcome is exactly the same. Plus you will have more time to spend chatting with your friends, and we all know that’s much better than spending time in the kitchen alone.
- 10-12 Crushed Graham crackers
- 1 box instant banana cream pudding
- 1 box instant chocolate fudge pudding
- 1 banana sliced
- Whipped topping
- Prepare the instant pudding according to the package directions and place in refrigerator to thicken
- In clean/dry small mason jars, start by layering crushed graham cracker pieces in the bottom of each jar.
- (I don’t like the graham crackers pulverized to crumbs. Some larger pieces are good for texture, but it’s all personal preference.)
- Next in each jar, spoon a layer of banana pudding, followed by a layer of sliced bananas
- Next in each jar, spoon a layer of whipped topping, followed by a layer of chocolate pudding
- Next in each jar, spoon a layer of graham cracker pieces, followed by a layer of chocolate or banana pudding, your choice.
- In fact, you can alter the layers to what suits your flavor preference best.
- As you can see from the photos, I have quite a few different variations of layering.
- Place in the refrigerator to chill well, and allow graham pieces to soften.
- Remove from refrigerator, uncover and top with whipped topping and a sprinkling of graham cracker pieces
What’s your favorite parfait combination?