11 Most Embarrassing Teenage Moments

I hate to break it to you, but you are one lucky girl, indeed, if you can make it through middle and high school without having something completely MORTIFYING happen to you.

Tela, one of Miss Unlimited’s Teen Columnists, is just a few weeks shy of graduation. She’s one of the very few who can say that they’ve made it through unscathed by a horribly embarrassing moment or two.

For most girls, however, it’s only matter of time before an unfortunate alignment of Bad Things comes along and results in us wishing that we could melt right through the floor.

During my senior year, I usually had lunch outside in “The Quad.” One day, a rogue attack bee (which I was sure was carrying a strain of Bubonic Killer Cooties) dive bombed my forehead. I panicked, flapped wildly at my face, back-pedalled, and then flipped backwards over my bookbag. After all the humiliation of a hundred students laughing at me, the son of a biscuit still manged to sting me. ON MY CHEEK. The horror.

I asked Aiming Low’s writers about their most embarrassing teenage moments. For your amusement (because moments like this are usually hilarious AFTER the fact), they’ve shared their dreadful tales with us:

Picture 1 of 10

Vikki

I was at a class ice skating party, fell on my ass and landed on the tip of the skate blade. It was like a razor blade enema and ripped the entire butt out of my jeans. I had to hobble off the rink with my bum hanging out.

Photo Credit

Now that we’ve shared, we want to hear from you. What’s the most face-melting moment that you experienced in middle or high school?

And Tela, babe? There’s always college. *wink*

Photo Credit: Jason Pier in DC via photo pin cc

About JW Moxie

J-Dub Moxie has a BS in BS, but someone thought it was a good idea to make her responsible for educating adolescents. She does a good impression of an 8th Grade English teacher by day, but by night she's a gangsta nerd superhero. She wishes she could clone copies of her husband Frank to sell; he is that awesome. Despite Moxie's best efforts, their four children (ages 6-10) refuse to be corrupted into doing her evil bidding. Moxie is in love with carbohydrates and in hate with writing bios. She blogs at The Smartness and Tweets @JWMoxie. Word.

Comments

1. Kelly says:

Oh, I can so relate to Faiqa’s moment. Picture me, the girl with the biggest boobs in the 8th grade, wearing a one-piece strapless bathing suit at the class pool party. Off the diving board I go. I come up with the suit rolled rown to my waist, right in front of one of the cutest boys in the class. He looked me right in the eye and said, “Thank you, Kelly.” I can still hear his voice to this day!

• JW Moxie says:

Oh, holy shizzle. I’m not sure that I ever would have recovered from that!

• This super embarrasing one time we were at the science club for a field trip and we were all wearing bathing suits because there is a Pool and I was just wearing my bikini and I POOPED ( from here it only gets worse) I was walking and ( it was solid ) it came out of my bottoms and the workers like who did this and then my crush walks up and eats it thinking it chocolate ( its flat because my butt. Smushed it ) and then he realized it was me !!!

2. IzzyMom says:

I can’t really think of anything embarrassing that happened to me in high school. That doesn’t mean they didn’t happen but rather that I’ve probably blocked them all out.

3. Sandy says:

I was walking out of the health trailer when, suddenly, I slip on nothing and go flying backwards into the arms of my crush, who helps me steady myself, when as soon as he leaves and is out of sight, I slip and fall again—-into a mud puddle! I had to walk around as if I had peed my pants!

4. Diana says:

OMG One time my friend and I were changing for a picture in middle school. We changed in a dresser kind of and suddenly two boys knock on the door. They had to change too but we shouted to them to wait. I was scared they would come in since the place didnt have locks. After thinking they left, I finished changing but my friend hadnt, when unexpectedly the boys opened the door. I was already done but for my friend was embarrasing. The boys didnt say anything later but are in present time teasing my friend.

5. Jannette says:

You poor little thing! I understand. Except I think my story is a bit worst. I am twenty now but when I was seventeen, my friend dared me to wear a bikini. I am a very modest person and super shy and I have a hard time saying NO to people so I unfortunately did it. Turns out when I jumped off of the diving board, my “friend” (we are no longer friends) made it into a prank bikini so the moment I hit water, it disintegrated and I found myself wearing no clothes at ALL! I was mortified and began to cry in my disgrace. My older sister was always there for me and she helped me out of the pool and gave me a towel to wrap around myself.

6. Kate says:

The track one is so funny! I remember a few years ago when I was doing track as well I had an embarrassing moment. I joined the sport in seventh grade and I was super excited. How hard could it be? Unfortunately, it turns out I was the slowest person on the team. I couldn’t even touch my toes! (I could just bearly touch my knees.) Somehow I got to finals because I tried out for an event that happened to be my lucky day and I got a great score. But on finals day, I tripped on the starting block and sprawled out over the track! My parents were watching! With tears in my eyes, I got last place. Well, I learn from my mistakes I guess. Hopefully my coaches forgive me for making the team lose a few points. = (

7. Emma says:

Ok. So. Me and my “friend” we’re trying on clothes at the mall. She left to go to the bathroom. My “friend” “accidentally” took my clothes with her. So I was just standing in the changing room with only my bra and thong on. I waited literally 30 minutes for her to come back. I didn’t know what to do! She was my ride home and I didn’t have any money left. So. I walked out. REMEMBER: IN ONLY BRA AND THONG! I casually walked through the store to find a person who worked thee to helpme out. I finally found someone and she kicked me out the store. I called my friend a thousand times. She finally came to get me as I sat in the bushes. She laughed the whole way home. I was so mad when she stopped at mcdonalds to eat. @ least I have a nice body and I wasn’t self concious or anything.

8. anonymous says:

I was in a school field trip and I was hanging out with my crush all day. We had to walk the whole day and it was winter time so I had my big coat on. I was flirting with him he was flirting back and making jokes and the day was going there. When we finally got inside, we all took our coats on. I take mine of start talking then he cuts me and points at my shirt I’m like wtf. Then I look and see a HUGE I mean HUGE sweat stain under my sweater. It was so big it circuled near my boobs and all the way down my rib cage. That was the most embarrassing moment ever

9. niora says:

I was in school in 7th grade and I go to the bathroom to fix my bra ,while I am half naked my crush opens the door wide and all his friends see me .He stares at me as his friends start laughing ,and walks away with them .He was shy. Meanwhile I slam the door shut and start crying .I never used the school bathroom again. (#^_^#)

10. Danielle says:

It’s going on right now, last night i played truth or dare with my friends. In our version, dare is the only option. Me, one other girl, and two guys were playing. I was dared first. The dare was to show both guys my boobs. I did it and sat back down. Alex went next. His dare was to slap my butt. He did it. Kayla went next. Since she dated me to show the guys my boobs, so that’s what I dared her. Next, Nick went. His dare was to prank call our English teacher. I was up again. My mom was out so we did what we wanted. My dare was to go topless for one round, without covering. I took my top of. My mom came home. She took all my shirts and bras and is keeping them until tomorrow morning. My mom pulled down my pants and draped me over the couch saying,”iIf you like being topless so much, stay topless until I say you can have your tops back!”, while she was spanking my bare but. I put my pants back on. Right now, I am still topless. I am not allowed to cover my breasts in any way. If you would like a picture text me 1(347)353-8424.

11. Robbie-Lynn says:

In 7th grade I asked to go to the restroom and when I came back my skirt was tucked in my thong.