If you are anything like me you have waited until the last possible minute to get your holiday cards together. You finally have the perfect photo or photos and had a heart attack when you saw the prices of custom cards online, but you want your cards to be one of a kind and unique.
Enter our friend Picnik, a free online program that you can use to create lots of fun things, including cards, from your photos.
So, my friends, you can have custom cards that are easy to make and you don’t have to spend a ton on software either.
Here’s what you do:
1. Pick the photo that you are planning to use and upload it to Picnik.
2. After you have done the necessary edits to the photo you can save the photo to your library on Picnik or you can save it to your computer. One thing I suggest is that you crop your image(s) in a bit tight so that the focus will be on the subject in the photos for your cards.
3. Click “Create A Fancy Collage.” I chose this one.
4. Click on your photo if you saved it in your library or upload your photo from your computer so that you can insert it into the spot on the card where the white box is.
5. Once you have the photo in the box you can click on the tab on the upper right hand side labeled “Customize.” You can type text into the box and place it wherever you want on the collage.
You can change your fonts, the color, the size of the text. Just make sure that you click off of each box before you begin typing a new thing in the text box. I learned this the hard way.
6. As you can see I typed in the year, added “Season’s Greetings”, and a bit of customized text at the bottom. When you get the text just the way you want it, click save.
7. You can print these out at home, send them off to be printed, or my favorite; place it on your blog and tell everyone how you wish you could send each and every one of them a card. Just think of
the postage you save how you are helping the environment.
Did you create a holiday card? Leave the link below so we can all check them out!