I have been on the quest to wear red lipstick for as long as I can remember.
You may be asking yourself why would someone devote their life to a quest to wear a certain color lipstick. My answer to you would be – why not?
In order for a red lipstick to be deemed wearable in my world it needs to live up to certain standards
- The shade of red needs to be flattering
- I need to be able to pick up this lipstick in a variety of locations
- My lips still need to feel like my lips when I am wearing the red lipstick
- The red lipstick must be moderately priced as I only have one first born and unless that tube is going to last me the rest of my life, I can only sell her to you once.
- The red lipstick needs to have staying power. Like you know, all day long.
- It comes in a compact that keeps both parts of the lip color together.
- The compact has a mirror for easy application.
- Many colors to choose from.
- Found at many mass retailers and drug stores.
- You can rub your lips together during step one to evenly get the color on your lips.
- Of the two it is more pricey at 11.99
- You don’t actually see the color of the lip color through the tube as it is just a colored plastic.
- You can only use the provided top coat to re freshen your lip color throughout the day.
- If not applied correctly it will chunk off.
- Moderately priced at about 7.99.
- Can be found at mass retailers and drug stores.
- You can use chap-stick to re freshen your lip color throughout the day.
- You can see an accurate color through the tube.
- The two pieces are loose making it easy to lose one or the other.
- You have to let your lips dry completely with stage one before you can continue onto stage two.
- There aren’t as many colors to choose from, at least not at the place where I purchased mine.