I wish I could take credit for this idea, but I cannot.* I can only take credit for bringing it to you. I’m going to teach you to make a little bit of tasty love for your electronic. In this case, an iPod. Because doesn’t every iPod need a Pop-Tart** holder? Crafted lovingly from your very own hands?
Behold the beauty of the Pop-Tart Case.
- 1 sheet of pink felt and 1 sheet of tan felt
- Shiny pastel colored beads
- Needle, thread, scissors. (Seems obvious, but we’re here to teach, so…)
1. In tan felt, fold for bottom edge, then cut the sides around the electronic you are sizing and leave about 1/2 inch around two sides. Cut the pink piece and curve the edges to resemble the frosted goodness.
2. Sew the edges of the case together, weaving your needle through easily, flip it so seams are inside. Attach the beads in random fashion to the pink curvy piece of felt.
3. In order to attach the “frosting” to the case, I put the iPod in the case to use it to keep me from stitching the backside of the case. Just weave your needle in and out then pull through after you have a few stitches.
That’s it! This one, for my daughter’s iPod, is just what the girl will love. Because she does love her a strawberry Pop-Tarts. Slightly warm, she’ll have you know.
*I did not make this craft up. It was a few years ago that I searched for free tutorials and landed on a site with this idea. I feel horrible I can’t link back…I’m sorry. If you’re not the sewing kind, I see plenty of felt Pop Tart cases on Esty, so go support the independent artist!
**Pop-Tart is a registered trademark of a company with a great legal department. They had nothing to do with the creation of this Pop-Tart case and they cannot endorse its creation or loveliness, but I’m sure they would if they could, because our family buys oodles of Pop-Tarts, ensuring that the lawyers have jobs. Our Pop-Tart love knows no bounds…warm, toasted, room temp.