How To Make Tampon Ghosts And Other Terrifying Halloween Crafts

Part of the mission of our new Aiming Low Teach section is to give you tangible ways to make cool crafty shit with a touch of the absurd.

So when a friend of mine sent me a link to this brilliant tampon ghost, I knew right away I had to make some.

The idea comes from a site dedicated to making things with tampons. It’s called appropriately enough, Tampon Crafts.

There are Thanksgiving turkeys and Christmas angels and freaking menorahs made out of menstrual plugs. HOW AWESOME IS THAT?

So, grab a handful of your cooter corks and let’s get festive, y’all!

What you’ll need:

• Tampons. Duh. (I grabbed the Target brand Super Plus Absorbency size because I have a large vagina and that’s all I had). (Just kidding, my vagina is normal sized. I measured and compared it with Una’s one time).
  • Googly eyes
  • Glue (I used a glue gun because I like to watch it squirt out. It’s fun).
  • Other ghostly accessories of your choosing.
Instructions:
  1. Take tampon out of plastic wrapper.
  2. Poof out the cotton stuff so it looks ghost-y.
  3. Glue shit on it.
  4. Ta da! Super scary!
Poof it out. Make it look ghost-y.
Glue googlys on it!
After Halloween is over, give it to your kid to play with. Insta-toy!
Why stop there when you have other neglected soakers lying around?! Grab a pantiliner and a sharpie and make a mummy!
If you’re lucky enough to have one of those massive pads leftover from when you had a baby, make use of one of those mothers too!

If you want to make it SUPER scary, add paper accessories. What’s scarier than a sanitary napkin mummy dressed like your Uncle Jerry?
Amp up the fright factor and dress the big ass pad mummy like your granny neighbor Wanda. (Don’t let her hold your baby).
Then just peel off the strips on the back and stick it to the dang wall. And there you have it! Creepy ass Halloween decor made easy.

About Robin Plemmons

Robin Plemmons is an artist. She makes greeting cards in her own funky handwriting that say things like, "Congratulations on making a human with your genitals!" & "I hope you washed your crotch because I'm about to put my face in it." You can find them in her Etsy Shop. She blogs at ballstothewallyall.com & tweets like a horny hyena. Follow her if you like that kind of thing: @robinplemmons.

Comments

1. Laura says:

O.M.G. THIS IS FANTASTIC (<<– yelling on purpose) Thank you for making my day.

2. Jen says:

Funniest thing I have seen today! Absolutely LOVE it!

Thank you for making me laugh.

3. Mimzy Wimzy says:

Love it!!! Wonder if I can get my Hubby to go for this idea and have my teenage son make them??? Too weird??

4. Amanda says:

This is devilishly divine. Also, while we’re on the topic, does the packaging of these make you think of Fruit Stripe Gum?

5. This may be the greatest how-to article I’ve ever read. “Boo n shit” will be THE Halloween catchphrase this season, I’m sure.

6. Amy says:

BAAA HAAA! Had to share this with my facebook friends. Too good not to! Can you imagine some of those babies hanging from your trees Halloween night?! Snicker..

7. JW Moxie says:

This right here is faBOOlous. It is SUPER MAXImum funny.

I’ll stop now.

8. Peryl Manning says:

Oh my. It’s the accessories that really make them!

9. glo babcock says:

you rule. walls are a bit softer now ,thanks boo

10. This makes me proud to be joining this site as a contributor soon and adds special meaning to the fact that you’ve signed my workboots.

11. The Pony Lady says:

How about we make BATS out of the ones with wings. Now THAT would be fun!

12. jessi says:

i loved this! i sent this to all the females in my family. thanks for making us laugh! :)

13. OMG I almost spit my breakfast all over my computer monitor when I saw this. Awesome, thanks for the laughter, almost tempted to go attempt this with the tampons my mother bought me even though she knows I don’t use them. Then they would actually have a use :P Creeping out my son and hubby would be a bonus *lol*

14. Robin?

YOU ARE DA BOMB.
    Since I’m all pregnant n’ shit, I may have to make use of all the tampons taking up space in my cabinet for this timely project.

AWESOMESAUCE! xoxox

15. Classic NYer says:

This is kind of disturbingly awesome… but I can just imagine some day in the future that I will be looking around for a pad or a tampon and the only ones I find will look like little ghosts and mummies… that would totally happen to only me.

16. Momo Fali says:

I’m proud to know you, doll.

17. Lynette says:

Just too awesome for words….

1. [...] may or may not be carrying a myriad of diseases. For me, they are dirty, smelly havens full of old awesome shit that can be redeemed with a little hot water and maybe a round or two of [...]

2. [...] kind of toilet you get, do not attempt to flush your tampon crafts down them. Got girls? This might be the toilet for [...]

3. [...] social media. I enjoy chatting on Twitter, making new friends and scaring my relatives with pics of my favorite tampon crafts on Facebook. But what I don’t like is the constant struggle to get more followers, raise my [...]

4. [...] mom is far more crafty than I, which isn’t saying much because most every Halloween costume she made me revolved around a cardboard box of some sort (see Exhibit A). I was a Hi-C grape juice [...]

5. [...] the featured image: Learn how to make tampon ghosts at Aiming Low. Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new [...]