The YES-aholic

Hi. My name is JC…

… and I’m a YES-aholic.

It’s not always the word “yes”; other words are involved. Like “sure”.

And “Okay”.

And sometimes it’s just, you know, good old-fashioned submissive posture.

My problem is that I’m unable to say “no”.

It’s fun. So I try to do it ALL… which inevitably leads to The Overwhelmption.

But once in a while something special comes along, that you just can’t say no to.

My therapy? To learn how to say “YES” to the word “no”.

I stayed up way too late drawing this and I loved every minute of it!

Share.

About Anissa Mayhew

You can read more Anissa at her blog Free Anissa and as a contributing writer at Babble. She's at Twitter, FacebookG+, and Pinterest too. And yes, she's probably up to no good either.

Comments

1. Penbleth says:

These are terrific, a pretty great backup as well.

2. ThePeachy1 says:

JC. I have had the true pleasure of being drawn by you a few times. I love it each time, especially since you give me my pre deep fried twinkie waste. You are such a world recognized talented artist and to have you as a friend on the interwebz is awesome because you are simply a doll. I want to invent a twitter tazer so I can stun the kabillions of people that hound you. As a Kirk I could set it on stun. But this one, of Niss was PERFECT! You nailed it. We need to get you a disclaimer of some sort because you are just that nice. Niss, you look so cute, I can barely see your dress on crooked or your cell phone in your bra. Love you babe! Great job JC!

3. Kristin says:

Love this! It takes serious talent to capture someone in such a simple (yet not simple at all) drawing.

4. Jess says:

Love it! I also need to learn to say yes to no. I’m working on it…

5. kyooty says:

fabulous! excellent work.

6. You are fabulous, whether or not you draw me. So there.

7. ang says:

jc im with @iamthepeach1 i to have had the pleasure of being drawn and you also drew my little one its a pleasure to be able to call you twitter friend and because of you i have meet some great and groovy peeps so thank you very much and im with peach on the taser thing u rock

8. Shanon says:

Awesome! I love it when JC gets the twitch!

9. Derek W. says:

“I” am still waiting… :-) Just kidding! This as usual, is great work JC. See ya on the interwebz!

10. I love it! Anissa is pretty freaking amazing. I would have fell over and twitched too!Love your cartoon and take on the “yes-aholic”. Me, I don’t know the meaning of No, I just keep running at something until I bend it to my will:)LOL In other words, Im your worst nightmare.LOL But I am sure I could teach you to exert some good solid “NO”s:)

11. Deb Rox says:

You are awesome. Hurray!

12. Love this! You’re a superstar, truly.

13. Why users still use to read news papers when in this technological globe the whole thing is existing
    on web?

14. buying a bed says:

naturally like your website but you need to test the
    spelling on several of your posts. Several of them are
    rife with spelling issues and I find it very bothersome to inform
    the truth however I will definitely come again again.

15. This design is steller! You most certainly know how to keep a reader amused.

Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to start
    my own blog (well, almost…HaHa!) Excellent job. I really enjoyed what you had to say, and more than that, how you presented it.

Too cool!

1. [...] a YES-aholic, of course I said [...]

2. [...] a recovering ‘YESaholic’, JC works hard to resist every request of “DRAW ME!” That didn’t stop her immortalizing the [...]