I have worn glasses almost my entire life. I have had expensive glasses, sunglasses, plastic glasses, designer glasses, broken glasses, you name it! I usually go through a pair every other year. I would say it’s because my prescription keeps changing (it does) but in truth, my poor lenses couldn’t take much more. They get some pretty poor treatment, what with being lost, being used as chew toys (babies and dogs love them!), scratched, rained and snowed on, dropped, bent, twisted… you get the picture. I am an official Aiming Low Four-Eyes and you can be, too!
You can be considered an Aiming Low glasses-wearer if you do any of the following:
1. Let your kids play with your glasses. Wait until after they recently finished a sticky treat and you get bonus points!
2. Wipe those precious lenses with anything you have handy, including scratchy jeans or steel wool.
3. Regularly lose your glasses in your home, your purse, your car, and restaurants.
4. Lose your expensive, designer, prescription sunglasses in a lake and don’t realize for hours, making it impossible to find them. Ever.
5. Sometimes failing to wipe the lenses after going out into the rain because they will just get wet again, and the water droplets aren’t impairing your vision that much.
Do you wear glasses? Contacts? Do you wish your glasses had unobtrusive windshield wipers? I do, that would be so convenient! With wiper fluid of course, so I could keep them clean too. I also wish they could somehow transform to be their own carrying and protective case. I always forget to use one. Oh! And a little umbrella would be cool, to keep the rain off in the first place.
I have to wear them on my face all day, they may as well be useful. Preferably with special scanning technology that allows me to definitively answer the eternal question: Boxers or briefs?