This time around, won ton soup.
I always keep a stash of frozen, store bought pot stickers in the freezer, so throwing this soup together is a breeze.
Hmmmm…making quick meals, say in about half an hour, using ingredients both fresh and store bought.
Oh, and seasoning packets. Lots and lots of seasoning packets!
I’ll call it Semi-Homemade 30 Minute meals, and I’ll become an overrated chef on some famous food channel, and I’ll be America’s sweetheart!
All in good time, all in good time.
Won Ton Soup in a Pinch
1 box chicken stock
3 cups of water
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
1/2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 cup fresh baby spinach
2 chopped green onions
6 frozen dumplings
1. Heat oil in pot, add mined garlic and saute, careful not to burn.
2. Add chicken stock, water, soy sauce and sesame oil to the pot, and bring to a boil.
3. Once boiling, add mushrooms and frozen dumplings, continue on a low boil for about 8-10 minutes.
4. Once dumplings appear completely cooked, reduce heat, and add spinach.
5. Once spinach wilts, serve and top with green onion.