EZPZ Chocolate Oatsies

So it’s summer time, it’s hot and you want cookies. Me too.

But you don’t want to go to the store for a long list of ingredients or turn on the oven. Me neither.

Enter EZPZ chocolate oatsies.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
2 cups sugar
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
1/2 cup peanut butter
3 cups quick cooking oats
1/2 tsp vanilla

Ingredients

Put the milk, cocoa, sugar and butter in a microwave safe bowl. Fun fact: metal bowls are not microwave safe. Give them a little stir and microwave for 3 minutes on the normal setting. Take the bowl of deliciousness out of the microwave and stir it a little. The butter won’t be completely melted yet, but that’s okay.

Half-time mix

Really important side note: if you’re going to lick the spoon at this phase, blow on it first. Your burned tongue will thank you for it.

Put the bowl back in the microwave for 3 more minutes.

While the microwave is going, measure out your oats, peanut butter and vanilla and lay some wax paper (or foil) out on a counter top surface.

This time, when the microwave beeps you should have bubbly chocolate goodness.

Out of the microwave

While it still super hot (dude, do not lick the spoon at this stage) pour in the oats, peanut butter and vanilla and stir pretty quickly.

Ready to be dropped!

Once it’s all mixed, drop spoonfuls onto the waxed paper. Let them cool and firm up for about 10 minutes while you’re licking the bowl.

Cookies

And then enjoy. Recipe makes 2-3 dozen of these chocolate peanut butter lovelies. You’ll wish there were more.

Microwave cookies.  You can’t get easier than that!  This EZPZ recipe comes to us courtesy of Katie, who we love and adore more than words.  Katie blogs at Overflowing Brain, and she is a hardcore baker.  Trust us, you’ll wanna munch on most anything she puts in front of you!

About Aiming Low Does Good

Aiming Low Does Good shines a spotlight each month on causes that deserve attention and people who need help. We’ll give you some ideas of how you can help, either with your money, time or talents. We’ll also show you how to get involved in your own communities and how to spread the word.

Comments

1. Daisy says:

I love these cookies & can vouch for how easy and delicious they are. My Mom is going to make them soon with my nephew :-)

2. Jen says:

dude, I make these all the time! The only problem is I always eat them ALL in like two days. Hello belly ache.

Also? MUNCH. hahahahahahaha

3. Making them now! Thanks.

4. Angie Pangie says:

oh
    my
    gah.

I must make these.

5. kyooty says:

These also work if you cook the wet on the stove. wait for it to come to a rolling boil (lots of bubbles) then take it off the stove and put all the dry into the pot. follow the rest of the directions :)

6. I looooove these cookies. I learned this recipe in middle school Home Ec and we called them Chocolate No-Bakes.
    I haven’t made these in forever…must…go…remedy…said…situation!!!

7. Oh Great! Another thing to get addicted to. Thanks, Katie!

8. These are yummy. I can attest to that statement, as I ate about 15 of them in NYC. I can haz more now.

9. Becky says:

I make these all the time, only we call them chocolate no-bakes. My ex-MIL added coconut to hers. I supposed that’s ok. If you like coconut. Which I don’t. They’re also really good without the cocoa, just the peanut butter. Either way, they only last about a day at my house.

10. Kristen says:

“normal setting” = ? My microwave has power settings from 1 to 10 (10 being “high”). Is “normal” = “medium” or “high”?

Trying these now and my tummy is grumbling.

11. Ronda says:

OMG my hubs has been making these cookies for 10 years! Honestly I hated them until after I got pregnant, now I can eat them ok. Not my favorite, but good in a pinch when you need something sweet!

12. Lisa says:

In the microwave? Freakin’ evil genius!

13. Linda says:

So I make these all the time, but I am way too lazy to put out the waxed paper so I pour them into a normal sized cake pan and just cut them into bars. They are the greatest!

14. Nellie says:

I just made these over the weekend — heaven help us and my ever-growing ass but these are outrageously delicious!!!

1. [...] EZPZ Chocolate Oatsies – Because they really are EZPZ to make and I can testify that even using gluten free oats they are delicious… [...]